“I bomb atomically, Socrates’ philosophies and hypotheses can’t define how I be droppin’ these Mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery…”
– Inspektah Deck
In this episode, I don’t have a formal topic or agenda to cover, so I just freestyle some of the things currently going in life. A few work things, a few fitness things, a few community things, a few creative things. Always seeking to constantly elevate.
- Shout out to all of the recent E-5 selects! Very proud of your accomplishment and looking forward to you leading from the front.
- My new book “No Pressure…But Don’t Mess This Up” is available for pre-order and is projected for release next month. Fun fact: I originally wanted the title to be “No Pressure…But Don’t F%#k This Up” but decided against it because the market was saturated with those types of titles. I’m very happy with my choice and final product and can’t wait until my book is in your hands!
- I’m looking forward to the fall and doing more things with my family. My son is busy in his soccer season and my daughter is still a rookie driver (yikes!). My wife is going on a through-hike with her brother and father as well. Lots of great things to look forward to.
- I’m continuing to tackle new challenges at work, to include presenting another plan to my J3 Director on how to evolve our team. I really enjoy being in positions where I have the opportunity to create my job based on what I know that needs to happen and my skillsets (or lack thereof). Like CSAF told us, we need to Accelerate Change Or Lose.
- This isn’t necessarily new, but I still seek to be a better coach at Revival Fitness. I listened to the latest episode of Chasing Excellence podcast to remind me to nos skip the small details and provide an optimal experience for our athletes.
- As covered in Episode 3, I’ve made some changes to my lifestyle to try and reduce my overall eco-footprint. In addition, I take weekly walks I call “Aloha Aina” (love of the land in Hawaiian) to clean up my neighborhood. This past week, I picked up 3.2 lbs of trash, totaling 187.4 lbs in 2020. I’m pretty sure I’ll hit 200 lbs next month. No one told me to do this, I just do it because it’s the right thing to do.
- I’m still trying to find additional ways to help people. I recently purchased a Tarot deck and will incorporate this practice into my overall mediation/reflection practice. I’m excited to see where this will take me.